On 11of August 2016, a focus group was held in Kirkuk with the participant of 11 Civil Society representatives in Kirkuk and Daqwq town.
In the meeting, participants focused on four points as follow;
- People and CSO participation in general in the process of decision making in IKR in the institutes and the Parliament.
- Open meeting by Provincial council
- Participating citizen in setting the plan and strategic
- The ground for people and CSO participation in the process of decision making:
- Security situation
- Kirkuk is away from the central decision making point
- The privacy of Kirkuk between Kurdistan region and Federal Government
- The lack of financial support by Non-government organization
- Multi-nation in Kirkuk in terms of relogon and nations
- The solutions and suggestions for better participation of people and CSOs in the process of decision making?
- Activating the participation at the level of province with organizing the relation between the CSOs and Council
- Forming a consultancy board
- Forming a mobilizing council
- Forming a share board from the nations
- Awareness campaign of for institutions and CSOs
- Building trust between Citizens, CSOs with the institutions